You're slightly blurred
on my computer screen.
I look at you from a distance,
as always
because I'm afraid
if I get too close
I will only see a smile
or an eye
and not be able to put them together
like they should be,
like you look,
from a distance.
So I keep quiet
and sometimes my throat fills up
with an emotion
I seldom feel for anyone else -
a mix of longing, sadness and love.
but the love is uppermost,
so through the blurred lines
I make out the happiness
of our smiles, re-visit the corridors
of the past
removing the fog, the cobwebs,
removing the fog, the cobwebs,
dusting everything until our faces
come into focus.
Then I look upon my new, bare bedroom
devoid of any paintings, drapes or colours
and slowly write a poem for you to see
before the only thing I can do:
head for dinner.
No comments:
Post a Comment