January 19, 2009

Of Gray

These loops and sticks

– hanging, slanted, straight –

ending abruptly,

flowing into each other, following sound,

gurgling in the mouth.



Your words.

I see: their shape, texture, hue.

I study: their meaning, import, significance.



I spread over them.

Like the lazy sun on winter mid-mornings.

Warming them with black irises.

Over and Over.





A newborn rainbow

in a tear full brown cheek-cup:

Reflection on glass.





Black on white.

Compulsively.

Spilling,

Vomited into the silent void.





Your language.

It relieves me. Of pain, love, longing, loneliness.





The silent void.

Everpresent.

On the screen of my computer.

Dissolved, dissolute, dense black.





Sunyata – the void

Maya – the illusion

Your lexis – life in between





Inside this: a black web.

Infinite black holes.





I chanced upon:

SUPERNOVA





When I am

What only you can understand

I stare

At spaces between, beneath, among

Your silent black-and-white world

Striving to make sense of gray.





Of Gray.





We.

Seamless word.

Flatter than an ‘Eye’.

An I.

Or an i.

“black-as-coffee mood”

Dreading the dredges of

not making sense

any

more.

No comments:

Post a Comment